Back to application description
- When using the optional conversion from smart quotes to dumb quotes, the text was inadvertently converted to ASCII. This is fixed.
- Added a preference for converting smart quotes to dumb quotes, i.e.: replaces all occurrences of any of the characters „ “ ” » « with " and all occurrences of › ‹ ‚ ‘ ’ with '
- Added a preference for performing normalization to Unicode Normalization Form C. Like all preferences, this is turned off by default, but is recommended to turn on.
- Fixed a problem where in certain cases triggering Plain Clip from a shortcut manager could interfere with sending the Cmd-V shortcut.
- Changed the order of the processing steps so that when tabs are replaced with spaces and consecutive spaces are replaced by a single one, it will result in consecutive tabs being replaced by a single space.
- Corrects a mistake which made Plain Clip ignore some command-line switches
- Fixes an inadvertent text modification that could occur when stripping trailing whitespace
- Compatible with OS X 10.8
- Fixes a bug that could crash version 2.4.2
- Added a preference setting for removal of whitespace at the beginning and end of the whole text
- Added a preference setting for replacing tab characters with spaces
- Added a preference setting for removing leading whitespace at the beginning of each line
- Added a preference setting for removing blank lines
- Added an option to convert text to strict 7bit ASCII
- New application icon (slightly smaller, looks better when Plain Clip is in the Dock)
- Italian localization, contributed by Vincenzo Boiano
- Optionally replaces consecutive spaces by a single space.
- Removal of whitespace at end of lines is more reliable.
- Removes another invisible control character that was not stripped in previous versions.
- Added another optionally text filter: line breaks can be removed, but at the same time subsequent line breaks are retained, so that paragraphs in the text are preserved.
- When invoked from hotkey applications, can send an emulated ⌘-V (Paste) keystroke (see Readme for more details).
- Optionally, Plain Clip can remove trailing whitespace and strip certain control characters, such as non-breaking spaces.
- Universal Binary (native support for both PPC and Intel CPUs)
- Fixed: In some rare cases the Plain Clip process didn’t quit after having done its job.
- Added an application icon
- Added German Readme
- Changed the BundleIdentifier due to new website URL